Recommended thicknesses: 14mm & 16mm
- Bison Panel is excellent for doors and window shutters
- Durable, economical, & long lasting
Recommended thicknesses: 8mm, 10mm & 12mm
Dependent on the size of the door
- A thickness equal to 3 to 3.5 times the thickness of the panel insert is recommended for the wooden frame to ensure sufficient thickness of wood on either side of the grooves. Of course, the section used for the main frame is also depends on the size of door shutter.
- The depth of the grooves for the panel inserts shall be 1.5 times the thickness of the panel insert. While inserting the panel in the groove, a depth of 1 to 1.5 mm is left free for taking care of board’s expansion
- The size of the groove should be just as much required for the tight fit of the panel.
- The inserts shall be deep primed with a coat of primer paint in dry condition.
- Lamination if any shall be provided on both sides of the panel inserts.
Recommended thicknesses: 16mm
- Bison Panel thick with lipping can be directly used as door shutters. The lipping can be either with steel, timber or plastic.
- When butt hinges are used wooden lipping provided for the board shall be as thin as possible to ensure maximum depth of penetration of screw into the board.
- In case of light gauge steel lipping, channel sections shall be preferred. This will protect the sharp edges of the board during misuse of the door shutter. Lip fixing shall be by screws, nails and also by glue.
- Surface hinges or Tee hinges are preferred for Bison Panel shutters.
- However, in case butt hinges have to be used, the screw holes of the hinges shall be located in the centre line of the thickness of the board.
- The screws shall be as thin as possible (dia not exceeding 25% of the thickness of the board) and the length of the screw shall be sufficient to allow a minimum depth of penetration i.e. 2 to 2.5 times the thickness of the board.
- The board shall be deep primed either with cement primer or wood primer and the same type of decoration shall be given on both sides of the board
- Bison Panels has an inherent fire resistant property and a thermal conductivity of 0.25 Kcal/hr/ᵒC/m and can be utilized in the manufacture of Fire Resistant Doors
- Doors to cater to fire rating up to 1 hr also can be manufactured from Bison Panel, with special insulating material mats filled in the core.
- These doors are very cost effective as compared to any other fire resistant doors